Dvorak Lesson 34: Learn to Type ` & ~ Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the ` [backtick] and ~ [tilde] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '`$`' key is above the 'tab' key (use your left pinky finger), stretch up and over to hit it.
- The '~' key is above the 'tab' key (use your left pinky finger), stretch up and over while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- This is the last lesson, you should know all the keys on the keyboard now. You just need to keep practicing to improve your typing speed. You may want to practice some alphabet drills, number drills, and/or symbol drills daily..