Touch Typing Lesson 15: Learn to type ; & : Keys
This typing lesson will teach you the ; and : keys. The semi-colon (;) is between two related clauses (that could be full sentences) in place of a conjuction (like 'and'); the colon(:) usually begins a list or explanation. If you already know the keyboard, try our our alphabet drills or misspelled words drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The ';' key is under your right pinky finger.
- The ':' key is under your right pinky finger, hold the shift key down when you hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.