Dvorak Lesson 15: Learn to Type ; & : Keys
This typing lesson will teach you the ; and : keys. The semi-colon (;) is between two related clauses (that could be full sentences) in place of a conjuction (like 'and'); the colon(:) usually begins a list or explanation. If you already know the keyboard, try our our alphabet drills or misspelled words drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The ';' key is under the 'A' key, curl your left pinky finger down to hit it.
- The ':' key is under the 'A' key, curl your left pinky finger down to hit it while pressing the shift key with your right pinky.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.