Touch Typing Lesson 28: % and $ Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the % [percent] and $ [dollar sign] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our business drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '$' key is two rows above the 'F' key (use your left index finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '%' key is two rows above the 'G' key (use your left index finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.