Touch Typing Lesson 29: @ and & Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the @ [at sign] and & [ampersand] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our medical terminology drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '@' key is two rows above the 'S' key (use your left ring finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '&' key is two rows above the 'J' key (use your right index finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.