Dvorak Lesson 29: Learn to Type @ and & Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the @ [at sign] and & [ampersand] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our medical terminology drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '@' key is two rows above the 'O' key (use your left ring finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '&' key is two rows above the 'H' key (use your right index finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.