Touch Typing Lesson 25: + & - Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the + [plus] and - [hyphen/minus] keys. These keys are used for mathematical equations. In addition, the hyphen is used to spell many words, and a double hyphen [--] is typed to indicate a dash. If you already know the keyboard, try our our business drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '+' key is two rows above the '[' and ']' keys (use your right pinky finger), stretch up and over while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '-' key is two rows above the 'p' and '[' key (use your right pinky finger), stretch up to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.