Select a Specific Typing Test:
Click on a topic to use it as your test prompt. Selections are ranked according to difficulty from '*' (easiest typing tests) to '*****' (most challenging typing tests). For more details, check the difficulty key at the bottom of the page.
Short typing tests for beginners: (1 - 3 minute typing test at < 30 wpm)
- Dental treatments are carried ... (71.8 words, 5.095 difficulty score)
- The history of dentistry is al... (76.2 words, 4.146 difficulty score)
Average typing tests: (3 - 6 minutes at 40 wpm)
- Dentists also encourage preven... (119.2 words, 3.970 difficulty score)
- Dentistry usually encompasses ... (130.0 words, 4.041 difficulty score)
- Historically, dental extractio... (148.0 words, 3.551 difficulty score)
- Some dentists undertake furthe... (149.2 words, 6.846 difficulty score)
- Dentistry is a branch of medic... (163.4 words, 3.500 difficulty score)
- All dentists in the United Sta... (182.4 words, 4.573 difficulty score)
- Tooth decay was low in pre-agr... (182.4 words, 4.774 difficulty score)
- In Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Finla... (184.4 words, 3.900 difficulty score)
If you have a favorite selection that is not included in the list above, please feel free to contact us with your suggestion for a new paragraph typing test.
Typing Test Difficulty Levels
Our typing tests are ranked on level of difficulty. The algorithm to calculate difficulty depends on the average word length and how many special characters like capitals, numbers and symbols are included in the text. Most standard pre-employment typing tests will be in the normal range. You should expect to get higher wpm scores on easier tests and lower wpm scores on the more difficult tests.
- * Very Easy Typing Test
- ** Easy Typing Test
- *** Normal Typing Test
- **** Difficult Typing Test
- ***** Very Difficult Typing Test