Touch Typing Lesson 26: * & / Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the * [asterisk] and / [slash] keys. The asterisk key is used to indicate multiplication and the slash division when typing out equations. If you already know the keyboard, try our our programming drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '*' key is shift-8, it is two rows above the 'K' key (use your right middle finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '/' key is below the ';' key (use your right pinky finger), curl down to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.