Dvorak Lesson 26: Learn to Type * & / Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the * [asterisk] and / [slash] keys. The asterisk key is used to indicate multiplication and the slash division when typing out equations. If you already know the keyboard, try our our programming drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '*' key is shift-8, it is two rows above the 'T' key (use your right middle finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '/' key is to the right of the 'L' key. Reach up and to the right with your right pinky to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.