Dvorak Lesson 25: Learn to Type + & - Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the + [plus] and - [hyphen/minus] keys. These keys are used for mathematical equations. In addition, the hyphen is used to spell many words, and a double hyphen [--] is typed to indicate a dash. If you already know the keyboard, try our our business drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '+' key is two keys to the right of the 'L' key, stretch up and over with your left pinky, while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '-' key is to the right of the 'S' key, reach to the right with your right pinky finger to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.