Touch Typing Lesson 27: # and = Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the # [pound or number sign] and = [equal] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our technical jargon drills or symbol drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '#' key is shift-3, it is two rows above the 'D' key (use your left middle finger), stretch up while holding the shift key down to hit it.
- The '=' key is two rows above the '[' and ']' keys (use your right pinky finger), stretch up to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.