Dvorak Lesson 16: Learn to Type ' and " Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the ' [apostrophe] and " [quote] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our alphabet drills or misspelled words drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The ' key is above the 'A' key, reach up with your left pinky finger to hit it.
- The " key is above the 'A' key, reach up with your left pinky finger, while holding down the shift key, to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.