Dvorak Lesson 17: Learn to Type 6 & 5 Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the 5 and 6 keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our data entry drills or number drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The '6' key is two rows above the 'D' key (use your right index finger), stretch up to hit it.
- The '5' key is two rows above the 'I' key (use your left index finger), stretch up to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. To make a capital letter, press the shift key with the pinky finger of your other hand at the same time as you press the letter key.
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.