Touch Typing Lesson 16: Learn to type ' and " Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the ' [apostrophe] and " [quote] keys. If you already know the keyboard, try our our alphabet drills or misspelled words drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The ' key is to the right of the ';' key (under your right pinkie finger), reach to the side to hit it.
- The " key is to the right of the ';' key (under your right pinkie finger), reach to the side, while holding down the shift key to hit it.
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.