Touch Typing Lesson 08: Learn to type G & Y Keys
This typing lesson will teach you how to touch type with the G and Y keys. Both capital and lower-case letters are included in this lesson. To type a capital, hit shift at the same time as you hit the letter. If you already know the keyboard, try our our alphabet drills or misspelled words drills for more relevant practice exercises.
- Begin with your fingers on the home row.
- The 'G' key is beside the 'F' key (under your left index finger), reach toward the middle of the keyboard to hit it. (see keys highlighted below)
- The 'Y' key is above the 'J' key (under your right index finger), reach up and toward the middle of the keyboard to hit it. (see keys highlighted below)
- Once you learn where these keys are, try to type them without looking at your fingers. Scroll down if needed to type the following:
- When you feel confident you can type these keys without looking, go on to the next lesson.